Sunday, March 6, 2011

February fun....with some pain.

For our 14th anniversary, Stef got us room at her awesome hotel for a night. The Hotel Monaco! It was fun! The service there is great! On the employees name tags the have funny names under their real names. It is their guilty pleasure. The man who helped us check is was chocolate chip cookies. Stefs is Barry Manilowe, I think. Mine would be donuts for sure. Anyhoo...we got to the hotel, then we to my fav place Zeigfreids(a german place) for dinner, then down to BYU to a Carl Bloche art exhibit. Loved that. Then went to breakfast the next morning at a fun little cafe called the Lambs Grill Cafe. Yum! Thanks Stef! Good times!

Room was very nice. Loved the headboard.
I got me a mug at Zeigfreids.
Yummy stuff you had to buy. We didnt.
Had this in there with all the fun snacks. Thought this was funny. Good to prepared and have options eh?

My friend told me about this ice castles display up in Midway. Actually, she asked me if I have heard of ice castles? Of course I thought she was referring to the totally cheesy, but awesome 80s movie called Ice Castles, so I said of course I know that movie!! Who doesnt right!? Well....shes only 22 so I should have known she wouldnt know that movie. Anyhoo....we got on the same page. Hadnt heard of it, so we took the kiddies to see it. It was pretty awesome. Some artiist guy does it every year with water(of course) and PBC pipe I think.



Big enough to walk through.


Peek-a-boo

ES opted out of the family trip to go to a bday party. :(
Shes so bendy.

I have never been able to do that. I think after soccer season, we will get her into gymnastics.
R had a tooth that needing pulling and she DID NOT want to go to the dentist(our kids teeth are stubburn and have to be pulled by a dentist most of the time. HATE it) again and get a shot, so she wanted me to pull it. Yay for me! This tooth was a bugger to get out though and it hurt her "real bad." I usually do just fine with that kind of stuff, but it took me a while to recover from this one because it hurt her. She was super tough and brave though. When she gets nervous or scared or is embarrassed, she does this really silly laugh and smile. She laughs til she is red in the face and crying. I joined her this time(to show my support and all).
Ta da! FINALLY! Sheesh!!!
After living in our house for 12 years, we had our first TPing. You would think it was some punk kids or friends right? Nope. It was one of my sister in laws messing around. So needs to work on her TPing skills. Really?

Left us some nice wholesome, feel good messages...




And then there was this beauty. So knew who it was when I saw this. :)
Our Vday love notes. :)



R was playing ball at school and jammed her finger.
ES and R got invited to the BDay party of the year!! Party favors for everyone were gold fish. Fun!
ESs was dead the next day. She was sooooooo sad. She even made me sad. When she was ready(these things take time), we had a flushing funeral and reminisced our time together. Bought her two more fish only to have them DIE too. Rs goldfish is still kickin it. Weird.


Third grades to a report every year for Black History month. This year ESs class had to do a 5 PAGE report. Which means I had a 5 page report to do. REALLY!!?? 5!!? They pick a famous African American and do a report on them. ES chose Condaleezza Rice. They make a poster and then have a wax museum and talk about their person. She did the poster all by her lonesome and did a fantastic job!!! This is her little boyfriend Gabe. Hes a cutie!


AT is on his way to get braces and had the first set of brackets put on this month. Hes wasnt quite sure how he felt about it. He didnt want to go back to school that day because he wasnt ready for his classmates to see him yet. Totally understandable and the softy that I am, I let him stay home.


1 comment:

Joey and Nettifer said...

longest post of all time. I don't even know where to start!
Happy Anniversary
The ice castles are way cool I want to see them next year
She is bendy
Love that you came to the party. Love that you call it paryt of the year and THank you for ALL your help! Sad her fish died! darn it
Way to go Tor on the braces! Doesn't look the same at all!
Love you!