Saturday, August 15, 2009

13.1....dont forget the 1 and so much fun!!

So a week before the Provo half marathon, I went on a 10 mile run with my friend Lynette who was training for the half and she told me the girl she was running with hurt her knee and couldnt run it anymore. She didnt want to run it alone so she asked if I wanted to use her friends number and run it with her. I thought...of course! Im running a full marathon next month, why not start my training with a half. So we ran it together! It was so fun! We had to get up at 3am, head to Provo, get dropped off in a field at the top of a mountain in the dark by a bus driver that said as we were getting off...I think this is the spot? Yah...thats what you want to hear! No one knew for sure what time the race started, so we waited in the cold for 2 hours....good times! I really was though! Being there with and for Lynette was totally worth it! She did so great! Way to go!! Thanks for asking me to run it with you! I didnt have my camera or cell phone with me, so I got these from Lynette..

Showing my borrowed number!!Nettie with the made up number(too funny) and lookin oh so skinny!!
Trying to show my excitement after waiting in the cold for 2 HOURS!!! Its hard to smile when your teeth are chattering!!
Crossing the finish line together! How can you not cry looking at that! She did it! Woo hoo!! And a great support team she did have!!! They even cheered for me!
When its all said and done!! And we finally got our T-shirts!!!
Love you Nettie! Good job! Run with you anytime and bring on the Ragnar baby!!!!!!

1 comment:

Joey and Nettifer said...

I so heart you. I still cry thinking about it! I can't believe that we did it together and I am so glad you ran with me!! I am also so glad we got our shirts! hahaha
Bring on Ragnar and a lot more runs!Did you get my message about Clint and KJ running Ragnar with us?