Monday, September 7, 2009

WCQ(World Cup Qualifier) Game! Woo hoooo!!

Some friends in our ward, who share our love for soccer(best sport ever if you ask me) invited us to the World Cup Qualifier game against El Salvador! Um...yes please! Dont have to ask me twice! We were so excited! I have loved this sport starting when I was little playing on rec teams and such. I played all through highschool and even on the Utah Womens League for a season and some indoor teams...love it!! Anyhoo....was so glad when Kirk came around and saw the light and loves it now too! And actually likes, even looks forward to the games and screams and yells at the refs and jumps up and down...k...thats actually me, but he gets into it!! HAd a really good time! It was an intense game let me tell you! So many El Salvadorian fans there! Thought that was cool! Kirk speaks and understands spanish, so I learned a few choice words in spanish that night! Good times!! Cant have a USA team playing without some real Americans either...Captan America was there and so was Wonder Woman! LOL!! Thats the spirit! I was bummed I forgot my flag!

Us and the Christensens..Alan and his cute, cute wife Jenny! We had great seats too!
I love getting there early and watch them practice! Right after I took this pic, they kicked the ball right at us and Alan deflected it and it hit the guy behind us...hard! It was such a hard kick that it knocked Alans wedding ring off! He found it....no worries!
After they were done practicing, they turned on the sprinklers. I will never understand why they do this?

Singing of both National Anthems! I love our Anthem!! Fly over after too!!
And USA wins it 2-1!! Thats what Im talking about!! Thanks for inviting us Christensens!!

No comments: