Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A good thing....

So went and volunteered for my first time at a Golf Tourney the Utah Special Olympics did. I was soooo excited! It was so much fun! I had my own golf cart(so fun) and followed a group of 4 guys around the course and kept score for them as they did 9 holes. There were 2 who were not disabled and 2 that were. They were paired one of each together. They practice together all year for the different events so they know each other and how they play. These guys were so nice. Had a few nice chats with Chris(one of the disabled ones). He was very fun to talk to. When we were finish, I handed out the medals at the awards ceremony. My team(Team Aggies from Logan) won gold and silver! Yay!!! Golf is over, now on to Basketball. My team from golfing wants me to be their official volunteer for Bball too! Thanks to Kirk and my kids for supporting me in doing this! :)

So happy to be there and helping!
Score sheet. Took me a hole or two to get the scoring, but they were patient and helped me.
Tom and Chris(disabled).
Dave(disabled) and Ben
Ben hit it into the brush and Dave had to get it out. Dave was full of confidence reassuring Ben he could do it....he did! Yay!!!
Hole 9. Dave and Ben got a 70 and Tom and Chris got a 67. Records for both pairs! They were all pretty excited!!
Getting Gold and Silver!! Saweet!!!
Me and my team(left to right...Ben, Dave, me, Chris and Tom). So fun to make new friends! I heard Dave say to Ben as they were walking off , "thats a pretty lady." Aww....very sweet!

1 comment:

Dave and Christine said...

What a fun/cool thing to do! When I was in the Young Women's presidency a couple times with our youth we had mutual with the special needs branch and I can say hands down some of the funnest times I have ever had.

I am jealous you get to do this.