Sunday, September 14, 2008

A little Summer Hiking....

Took the kids on this really nice short hike called Rocky Mouth. Its a fun little hike with a really nice waterfall at the end. Theres some really cool caves on the hike too! Kids loved it!!!






Love cool little caves. R....not so much!
On our way to conquer Mt. Timpanogus. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Kirk stayed with the kids and hike as far as they could go, which they did really well, and Angelle and I went on to the peak. We made it to the peak and down in just over 7 hours. We ran all the way down, so that made it go pretty quick. Man was that some climb!!!
One of the many beautiful waterfalls on the climb.

At the Lake. Still have to get to the peak, which is behind me. Thats the glacier we were going to slide down....good times!!!
Resting atop Mt. Timpanogus....I owned that mountain that day my friends.....
Me and Angelle at the peak....finally!! What a climb!!! Had to have a bandanna tight around my left calf cause about half way up I pulled something in my calf, even felt it pop, and this was the only thing that helped it. No way I wasnt going all the way to the peak. Push through the pain right....so glad to be up top!!!!
At the peak of Timpanogus, just before I put on my snow pants and slid down the glacier. Oh man was that one of the craziest/ funnest things I have ever done!!!
Kirks cousin came to town with her family, so we got whoever wanted to go and hiked up to Donut Falls. It was a really great, easy hike for the kids. E took this picture for some contest entry thing at school. This is one of the many pictures she took.

Taken a break....
Es with her 2 best buddies and cousins! She loves them so much. Nice to have cousins the same age and so close!

No comments: