Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tough love...

Okay so, almost every evening at our house, we go through the same thing at dinner time. Whats for dinner? I tell them, and they say oh I dont want that, or I dont like that or do I have to eat it? Almost every night! Really?!! Well, this one evening, and as much as I hate to admit it, they caught me in a really bad mood. They asked and I told them, they gave the normal reply and I was done. I threw my hands up and told them(not so nicely), I was done making dinner for them. Done hearing them complain and not appreciate what they have. Told them they were going to make dinner from now on. They didnt believe me. So the next night about an hour or so before time to make dinner, I said to them whats for dinner? They looked at my with confused faces. I said I told you I wasnt mkaing dinner anymore. Told them they had better get together and decide what they were making. A few minutes later, they came to me and said they wanted to get Wendys or pizza. E said she would pay for it. I said nope. Sorry. Thats a copout. Too easy. Have to make something here. They came up with waffles. A little while into the waffle making, I said I dont want waffles. I dont like them(I really do). They all looked at me like..what? Anyhoo...they dished out what I say to them and I dished what they say to me. In the end, I asked if it felt good having someone do that to them after all that work. They didnt think so. Lesson learned I think. Think I will have them make dinner more often. It was nice. :)

Team work.I think ES was being difficult...
Had to be okay with a mess. Hard for me. I was screaming in my head....
This was de Janeiros contribution....posing. She always manages to get out of things. Shes so her Aunt Stef. ;) Have to give a holla to E. She did most of the work!
Even though they complain, I love my kids! They are grrrrreat!!!

3 comments:

Banham Luck! said...

Sounds like a lesson learned, good parenting skills Mom!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Good for you!

The Barker Family said...

HA! I LOVE it! I will definitely use this one on mine! I'll let you know how it goes! ;) Love ya!