Monday, April 21, 2008

First time for everything!

So while I was at work today, I got a call from the school saying they think I should come and look at E. I asked what happened and they told me she got hurt at recess and popped her eyebrow open and they wanted me to come and look at it. So I told Kirk what had happened and ran out of the Lab . Good thing it only takes 5 minutes to get to the school. I get there and shes in the office with a sponge to her head, and the cute little secretaries were working on getting the blood out of her white jacket that she was wearing. I thought that was nice. They said they took care of her first. Of course. I looked at it and it was nice and open. I asked her what happened, and she was doing a trick on the monkey bars called the"dive" by her and her friends. You sit on top of the bars and flip over and land on the ground. Well, as she was flipping, her hands slipped and down she went. Right onto those annoying little pebbles they have on playgrounds. Shes got some other little wounds on her face from those too. We went back to the lab to ask Kirk what he thought. We called our pediatricians office and they told us since it was on the face, to take her to the emergency room. Of course. We got there and the doctor cleaned the wound. and it was even worse then I thought after getting it all cleaned. It was pretty deep and he said she would need some stitches. Up to this point, she was being brave and calm, but once she heard stitches for sure, she got nervous. So the stitching began. Oh my heart...when the doctor numbed her, he stuck the needle right in the middle of the wound. Yikes....ouch. She cries...of course she did, and I said cry all you want, its ok. I was trying not to show anything on my face cause she was looking at me and I didnt want to freak her out. So I just smiled and said everythings ok. He gave her 3 stitches and we were done. It was pretty slick. They said the placement of the wound couldnt have been more perfect(right in the brow line) cause the scar wont be as obvious. Now for her 10th birthday in 3 days she will have some cool stitches to help her celebrate.

My poor baby girl.
Her knee got it too, and no hole in the pants.
On her way down, she put her hands out to break her fall, and she hurt them a little. They look worse then the picture shows. Shes so smart for thinking to put her hands out to protect her face. Im sure that lessened the blow.
Still a cute profile.
Still my beautiful girl. At least shes still smiling.

2 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

Oh my sweetness! I am so sad looking at those pictures. I am so sorry E! Glad it on the brow line!

The Dean's said...

poor girl... She thuff though! Those are good memories.