Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Rock a bye Baby.....

So R had been upstairs for a while by herself, and it was very quiet(never a good sign). So I went upstairs to check on her and found her being quite cute. When my sisters and I were babies, my dad made us each a cradle. We loved them growing up, and I still have mine(I think we all do) and I put it in ES and R's room. So this is where I found R. In her favorite little reading spot. She had got her pillow(for comfort of course) and her "duck"(her favorite blanket....a must, but not in the pic) and a good book and snuggled into my old cradle. It was really adorable. She was reading out loud to herself, and being so sweet. Sad to say, those moments are rare, so I had to capture it on camera. After, she wanted me to rock her and sing to her, "like a baby mama." I love me some R!!
Here is my cradle.....obviously. My dad did all the cutting and putting together, and my mom did all t he painting. I love my cradle. This is actually something from my childhood that I have good memories about.

2 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

that is stinking adorable! R is so cute. I love moments like that! Love your R!

Aimee said...

Angela,

I found your blog through another's. I can't believe how fast your kids have grown. I know it has been a long time and I hope you don't find it odd that I am commenting. But I love "catching up" on what others have been doing. Have a great day!!

Aimee (Lauber)