Monday, March 1, 2010

Music, fun and Flat Stanley...

So my good friend Kieffer called me up and said she had an extra ticket to this music night the Church was putting on. They were having a big dinner at the JSMB(Joseph Smith Memorial Building) to the lay man and after a concert. Since I LOVE good FREE food and LOVE music and did I say free food...anyhoo....I was in! Flew down there and got there just as they were serving the salad...sweet! We had a very nice/yummy dinner and a little program after. See what it was, was members of the Church(maybe even non memebers. Cant really say..) submit music they write or compose and then they have a recognition dinner and a concert after with a choir that sings/performs in various ways their songs. Its actually pretty neat! And a pretty big deal. There were some pretty big/famous/prominent church music writters/composers there! It was a great/fun evening!!


Kieffer, Flat Stanley and I. Anyone who has little kids Kindergarten age should know who Flat Stanley is. I didnt, but he sure gets around. Kieffers little niece gave him to her to take him around on adventures for the weekend and it had to be documented. So here we are with FS....word!Concert was in the Assembly Hall.
Snuck a pic of Janice Kapp Perry. JKP if you will....
We always have to do a serious face...Kieffers good. Me...not so much.

What..wait...how did that happen. FS on my chest...oops!
Kieffer sneakin in with JKP!
FS at the Temple.
AG at the temple.
K so the dinner and concert were great, but heres the best part...We we walking back to my car under the Conference Center and as we were walking we passed some windows and saw a party was gong on with yes....MORE food. We joked we should crash it...hahaha! Waiting for the elevator and Kieffer(since she works at the COB...Church Office Building) and having a badge thought she would try it on the locked door. It worked and we were in and crashing. SO funny! Walked around trying to blend. Got more food. Ticked off some workers who were trying to clean up, hung for a bit, then took off....trying to play it cool, but I think our laughing might have given us away...
Pic of being sneaky.

1 comment:

my rainy day blog... for beads and other things said...

just looking through blogs and saw that adorable picture of flat stanley at temple sqare...love it makes me miss utah sooo much

check out my blog.. its all about the rain..blah