Monday, March 22, 2010

Kids goings on.....

So for Black History month, the grade 3 classes always do a little wax museum for the school and parents. Each student chooses a famous African American from history and do a little report on them. They can be dead or alive. They stand frozen til someone comes up to them and then they can only talk if you ask them a question about their person. So AT came home saying he wanted to be Tiger Woods. Even though AT didnt know what was going on with Tiger in the news, Kirk and I werent sure if we wanted to let him do it, but we decided to go ahead and let him. So he and I wrote up the report. He came home the next day and told me he and his teacher talked about it and with all that was going on with Tiger, it would be a good idea to do someone else. Yay for Mrs Hannah! SO love her!! So together they found another golfer he could do. James Lacey Dent. It turned out great and he still got to use his golfing gear! I had to get in there....
Then de Janerio had to too!
E had her anual Piano Federation Competion. This is a big deal for these kids. I have never seen E so nervous. She made me so nervous! They play 2 songs and they have to be totally memorized. They work on these for months. When all is said and done, and with all the practcing she did, I swear I could play her songs by heart myself. :) Of course she got Superior ratings in every category on both songs. Every 3 years they get a gold trohpy. She got her first trophy last year, so has to wait 2 more for her next one. Love watching and listening to this girl play! How lovely to have been able to play on that beautiful piano too! Someday I will have my Grand. Even be happy with a Baby Grand...
ES had to do a book report. She did it on Amelia Earhart. Okay cool. No prob. We read it. We wrote everything about her that was required for the report, and as we are getting ready for bed, she says to me...Mama I have to dress up like the person tomorrow for school. What the?? Of course! Would have been nice to have known a few days before! So Im scrambling around the house trying to come up with something. I think we pulled it off okay. She was excited about it, so thats all I cared about. She was so stinkin cute too! Thought it was pretty cool I let her wear my jacket to school. And....she got an A!!! Woohoo!!!

5 comments:

nevalia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ഹരിശങ്കരനശോകൻ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chai said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It was wonderful.It is a good article,thank you for sharing it.
More and more people like sports, because of sports can bring them the endless enjoyment.
But I have one suggestion. when you exercise, you must choose suitable clothes.
when you play football sports.you should wearing football jerseys.It is better to wear player jersey which you loved him.
The underwear and shoesis the same important.The comfortable clothes ever,enough to make every day energetic.
An active, energetic young man works like a tiger.