Thursday, June 9, 2011

ABFCT(annual Barrowes family camping trip)

Every Memorial Day weekend we do the ABFCT. Our kids always look so forward to this. Me....its fun, but after camping for 3night/4 days, I am done. It is good times though with good people. Our van was so jammed packed with stuff, our kids had to hold things on their laps. Trying to get everyone.....
Face rock that we like to hike to.
Our kids loooooove canoeing. Didnt know R had hijacked one herself. Thats good parenting. At least she has her life jacket on.

She looks way too excited to have that ax. :)

BB is so cute! He was like..Angela, take a picture of me doing this...now this....:)
R and her little gf's. They are all the same age. 6.
ES and her buddies. They are all 8 almost 9. Not BB in front though. Hes 6.
E with her girls. They are all.....not the same age. Ha, bet you thought I was going to say the same age.
3 Amigos. Yes, they are the same age. 10 almost 11.
What is with our kids and canoeing solo??
Not liking getting his pic taken. Hes threatening Kirk.
So each couple is in charge of a meal and they have a group of kids(preferably same age kids) assigned to them to help prepare and clean up. This is R "helping". I had to watch and make sure she helped. She has a way of disappearing. Shes sneaky.
Playing a game the older cousins made up.
Setting off on our group hike to Beautiful Cascade Springs. What we thought was going to be a short hike ended up being to and from.....12 miles!!! Haha...oops! Some made it. Most didnt. I wanted to, but R and her little legs just couldnt do it. She did make it half way though.
Trying to get a pic on the hike.
Our camp sight is behind the biggest clump of trees.
Our turn. We are good to go out by ourselves. Look mom...no life jackets.
ES's fav game was checkers. I think we played it 10 million times! I let her win...I mean, she won most of those. :)
AT is so good at jumping off of things and landing perfectly. Kirk tried to get a shot..yah, not so much. I think AT would be great at street running, aka..whatever the French word is..
Preparing the breakfast Kirk and I were in charge of. We had to do most of it the night before. We had good/hostile(IB with the knife) helpers.
My job was the sausage. I can do that....
Happy Memorial Day~
Provo half...

No comments: