Friday, November 4, 2011

Bewitching October

Went to visit my Gparents on Conference Sunday between sessions. They live in Grantsville(about an hour west). I love visiting my Gparents. I dont get out there as much as I would like, Kirk and kids even less. Need to change that. These are my moms parents. They were high school sweethearts. Were married for 21 years. Got divorced when my parents married. Were divorced for 25years, then a year(I think) after my mom died, they remarried. Pretty crazy! I never knew my Grandpa growing up. Always been super close to my Gma. Shes so funny, cute and small. And fietsy! Dont let her size fool you!

They have an amazing orchard/garden in their backyard
So many fruit trees, so we went to work doin some pickin. Good times! Peach trees were extra full this season. Kids first time picking fruit trees.

AT is more than happy letting the ladies do all the work. Yah.....that didnt last long
Love my girls
Got a great surprise when we got there....my Uncle Keith was there! Yay! Had not seen him since forever! Hes the baby. 7 years younger than my mom. Love my Gmas gardening hat. Cant garden without it.
R IS wearing shorts...

Loves picking peaches!!
Awwww...
AT had some sort of reaction to something while picking. His poor neck got all red and buffy and itchy. Still not sure what it was. Just eventually went away. Weird
On our way home, we stopped to see the Saltair. In Kirks whole almost 40 years of life living in Utah, he had never been. Its right off the Great Salt Lake. Some parts of the GSL are so pretty, others....not so much.



I saw Evanesence(sp?) in concert here a few years ago.

Apparently, this was a pretty happenin place in its day.

1 comment:

melynda said...

hello i just realized you had a blog!! i havent seen you in forever, i just thought i would say hi! we should get together soon and do another game night.