Monday, October 27, 2008

Hooray for Hubbies!!!!

Went to a beautiful wedding ceremony in the SL Temple on Friday. I love attending those. This was my 2nd one in a month. I love being reminded of the covenants and promises we make, and the blessings and promises we can receive. It is a bit overwhelming actually. In the ceremony and the luncheon, they talked a lot about couples speaking kind words to each other, especially the Husbands speaking kind words to their Wives. As I was listening to this, I was thinking to myself, I can not remember one time AT ALL in mine and Kirks almost 12 years of marriage where he has been unkind to me or spoken unkind or harsh or mean words to me. Or even raised his voice to me. Even when we have gone through hard times, he is nothing but kind and loving to me. This is not to say we dont have disagreements and express how we feel, but its the way he talks to me. Even when the kids dont talk kindly to me(which isnt very often at all), he is sure to tell them that is not acceptable. I am sooooo grateful to Kirk for this. I know and feel that I am Loved! I only hope and pray that I can and do recipicate that to him. So....Hooray for Husbands who speak kind words......!!!

This is us outside the SL Temple last month....love those trees!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hooray for you and your hubby!