Monday, November 16, 2009

Stars and Stripes Forever(Happy Veterans Day!)

Took my girls(Kirk was working, AT opted out) to the Veterans Day Concert up at the U of U. I sang in this when I was a senior in High School. We used to go every year, but stopped for some reason? Last year my friend Lynette reminded my of it, so we started going again this year. What fun!!I love hearing that music and singing along. Reminds me of growing up in the Military! Favorite part....when the band sang and played Coming to America!! Lynette and I were singing and shouting TODAY!! Good times!!!

Man...my girls are so pretty! If I do say so myself....
Met Lynette and her girls and parents there! Love these people soooo much!!!!

6th Grade Veterans Dinner/Program!!

The 6th Graders at Woodstock put on a dinner and concert every year for the Veterans. All I have to say is....Wow! They all did an amazing job. A lot of time an work was put into it and it showed! What they do is each 6th grader interviews a Veteran and gets some pictures and then they put on a dinner and program in honor of them! It was really special. E and A are both in the 6th grade and have 2 Grandpas and a Great Grandpa they could interview. E did her Grandpa Great who was in WWII and A did his Grandpa Omer( my Dad) who was in Desert Storm. My Dad was sick and couldnt come to the dinner and program(so sad) but his pictures were there. It was a lot of fun! I love watching my kids do things like this. And yes....I cried during the program!

E and her bf Rebecca! Been friends since they were about one! Cant believe they are in Junior High next year!! Oh my heart...
E with her other bf! Been bf's since..oh about.....conception!!! I win! Haha!!
Sorry for the blurriness.
My nephew(Beks boy) in the front middle! What a stud!
Kirk humored me(what a good husband) and got a pic of the cute boy Ben(top row) E has a crush on! He likes her too she is told! I love it!!! You never forget your first crush. I remember mine. 4th grade...David Usher! E and I have so much fun talking about Ben!
E with her Grandpa Great(my Dad's Dad) and her Grandpa next to him(Kirks Dad)!
Can see Kirks Dad a little better in this pic.
Bek and I with our cute Grandpa Omer! Love him lots! It was so fun spending that time with him!
E singing! This girl loves to sing!! Wonder where she got that from.....?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I wore those same red vests when I was in the choir at Woodstock.