Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A hiking we will go...(this post is longer than the hike. Ha!)

Kirk wants to take our kids hiking more, so on Saturday(the day Utah celebrated the 4th) we got up early and headed up Big Cottonwood Canyon to Brighton to hike to Mary Lake. We had a great time. Our kids are good little hikers!

At the trail head.Awww...:)
If you notice in every pic, AT is doing something different with his hands. He thought that was pretty cool.
Got a shot of everyone climbing a cool rock.
Tah dah!!! King of the rock!
There were still patches of snow on the trail and of course the kids have to play in it. ES feel and got dirty. We were trying to tell her it was tough...she didnt like that so much...
By a cool waterfall. Love waterfalls and the sound of the water.
Beautiful view. I was staying away for the edge. They freak me out and make me dizzy. If I want to see over, I have to crawl. Ha!
Mary Lake. So pretty and peaceful!
Coolin off..
Kirk is so in his element in the out doors.
Kirk bought me these "five finger" toe shoes. They are pretty funky, but I love them. They were great for hiking in. Still need to try out running in them.
Close up...
AT found this perfect little spot.
All I have to say is...YIKES! We are in trouble with this one...
The Boys..
The girls, minus one...
She loves being with her dad.
Gotta love having a sister!

My turn in the spot.
Saw some ducks enjoying the lake too.
Not sure how she torn her pants, but she did. Wouldnt let E take the pic til I said bend over and show her your bum. Of course!
Stuck between a rock and a hard place...
Lil Brazil was collecting and giving me flowers along the way to put in my hair. So cute! Right after this pic, the kids were running down the hill behind me and poor little R fell pretty hard and got the wind knocked out of her and a few scraps. :(
After hiking, we came home and hung out til going over to Murray park with a bunch of Kirks siblings and kids and watched fireworks. This is the only pic we got of the fireworks...

No comments: