Monday, August 27, 2007

Young Men High Uinta Camp

Last Thursday-Sat was our wards Young Men camp. The boys really look forward to it and it is always a lot of fun. All I can say is....boys will be boys and I will never understand them. Kirk has told me some stories and....WOW!!! Anywho- Heres Kirk on a fallen tree. They made up some sort of running game and Kirk won cause he was the only one who kept his balance and made it all the way back without falling in the water. No surprise there, Kirk has really great balance. We were up in the mountains hiking around when E was just a baby, and Kirk was holding her while he was jumping from log to rock to who knows what else, over water, and never lost his balance and fell or dropped E or anything. Yah...Im sure you can imagine what I was doing. Thats Kirk for ya!! It was a great campout I was told.
Heres Kirk with 2 of his young men who are 2 of his nephews. I would say 90% of the Young Men are related to Kirk. Either his nephews or cousins. And all the ones that went on this camp out were related to him. Kirk was so in his element here in the great out doors. He loves it there. He had a really great time. I forgot the name of these two peaks or whatever you want to call them are. I think that is Bald Mountain behind them in the first pic, but not sure of the ones they are standing on in the pics.




I love this pic!! My 2 men being manly men. A LOVED shoting the "huge" guns. He is soooo his fathers son. Kirk would help A hold the gun and then let him pull the trigger when he was ready. Kirk loved having him there and showing him all the cool manly stuff. I totally trust Kirk to be responsible and take care of A and A reasurred be he did just that. He said to me when they got home "dont worry mom, Dad knows what hes doing, and so do I." So no worries I guess. A is surrounded by us girls all the time, so I love it when he gets to spend time with Kirk and just be a boy!



A helping load the gun. These are 2 of A's favorite guys. Mike and Ben. They are Kirks cousins and A just thinks they are so cool! They are cool guys, and so nice to A.




Bishop Gavin(Kirks brother) in the front. He is a great Bishop!!!





A petting a horse with one of Kirks young men. He got to ride a horse with Kirk, but Kirk forgot to ask someone to take a pic. A said is was way fun riding a horse. There was a lot of dirt being kiced up in the air by the horses, thats why the picture looks the way it does.






1 comment:

Joey and Nettifer said...

Yeah for camp outs with daddy! You need to take your kids camping! Way a fun weekend they had!